Procedure for Reception of 1st Reconciliation
1. Children at the second grade level in school are enrolled by their parents in the class for Reconciliation through the Faith Formation Office. Parents participate in educating their child for the celebration of the Sacrament. All those children prepared celebrate the sacrament together on appointed days.
2. Children who have not received this sacrament in second grade will be prepared for celebrating the sacrament through the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC).
3. Adults who seek to celebrate this sacrament will enroll in the RCIA (the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) and receive this sacrament before Holy Week.
4. The Sacrament of Penance/Reconciliation can be celebrated each week at times listed for the parish.
5. Each of the faithful who has celebrated the Sacrament of Reconciliation, is bound by an obligation to confess serious sins at least once a year (Canon #989).
Students registered in the Family Formation Program or attend St. John's School, prepare for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation in the second grade. The parents/guardians are the primary educators for this program. The program (6 sessions) begins in October. Registration takes place in August.
First Reconciliation 2017
Monday, September 18, 6:00-7:00 pm – Parent Meeting – Room 206
Sunday, December 3, 2:00-5:00 pm – Child/Parent Retreat – SJH
Saturday, December 16, 9:00-11:00 am – First Reconciliation Service - Church/Plaza